Monday, January 25, 2010

Come Correct

Everyone has their share of pet-peeves, but sometimes I think I have more than the average person. At the very top of this list has GOT to be spelling errors. Misspelled words drive me wild. AND I always double check the correct spelling before i try to correct someone, because what do i look like attempting to prove someone wrong and then i, myself, being wrong.

And it's not something I do just to prove people wrong, it just REALLY gets under my skin. Sometimes words clearly look ridiculously wrong and yet people will continue to send their letters, text messages, tweets, etc. with letters that look like they don't belong together in any language, let alone the English.

I do understand that there are a good amount of commonly misspelled words, but we should all take the time to learn how to properly spell them. Maybe it's just me. I don't know.


Such is life.

1 comment:

Rae said...

I hate when people spell words wrong, too. I have such a long list of pet peeves and most are strange. Some people have called me insane when I tell them my peeves, but I don't care. Haha :)