Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Sucker-Free

I have a habit of maintaining certain patterns with friends. For example, i'll hang out with the sameeeee people day in and day out for months, maybe even years until those friendships either fade out -- or people just go separate ways and come together every so often. My pattern tends to be more of the latter and since the 2nd grade i've been doing that. I'll have a good two solid people that i enjoy spending shit loads of time with and then everyone else is just interchangeable. But every once in while those solid people get on my LAST nerve and i'd give the parental rights to my first born child to hang out with anyone other than them, lol. And here is where it brings me to my point. How important it is, in relationships or friendships, to give eachother enough space to miss one another.

The majority of relationships end because of a few things: trust, miscommunication, or smothering. I've always been a firm believer in the idea that you should be confident enough with yourself and happy enough by yourself before you can ever fathom on making someone else happy. I can't emphasize enough how much it pains me to see girls/women with no backbones whose every life decision depends on the thoughts, feelings, opinions of their significant others. Of course, i also think it's okay to want to compromise and do things that both of you like --but please, please be your own person before trying to dominate someone elses.

I'm pretty positive that i've never been that kind of woman. Never to depend solely on a man to complete me or make decisions for me. I've never had to swallow someone else's bullshit just because i wanted to maintain THEIR happiness, while they gave two shits about MINE. That isn't "love". That's what i call being a sucker. And i promised myself i'd live my life VERY sucker-free.

No comments: